Our son Paul spent over 18 years dealing with his substance use disorder—in-patient & out-patient recovery centers, E.R.s, drug court, prison—over 18 years of repeated cycles of which he was headed in the right direction many times, but relapsed due to what we strongly believe was the absence of a recovery home with a safe, stable residence and peer support. A sense of hope and empowerment is critical to staying in recovery. Living with others that are successful, demonstrates to them that it is possible and helps them reach that point.
Paul needed a structured and supportive social life, he needed to be with others in recovery.
Recovery homes can be self-sufficient, require very little funding and have proven to have a success rate of 80%—that is a great success rate for recovery from a substance use disorder.
The cost of repeat treatment, prison time, ER visits is far greater than the cost of recovery homes.
Our son died March 17, 2018. The establishment of homes for people in recovery will save lives!!!
Thank you for your time and any efforts you can make on our behalf.
Claire and Stephen Clement
- Rockland Recovery Homes was created to provide a vital part of the process for recovery from substance use disorders.
- Currently people in or transitioning from a recovery program do not have a safe residence to live in with others seeking the same goals, sharing the same struggles as well as learning skills to prepare them to move forward.
- Witnessing others succeed in this difficult process will give them hope and a feeling of empowerment that is critical to their success.
- To obtain funding to acquire and furnish homes.
- To obtain support from the communities to have these homes in their neighborhoods.
- To enable the homes to be affordable to people in recovery;
To support persons in recovery by improving their access to safe, stable residences with peer and community support. Our vision is adequate housing for all individuals in recovery from a substance use disorder.
- Rockland Recovery Homes Inc. is being established at a time when an increasing number of people working at recovery will need this option available to them to greatly increase their chances to succeed.
- Rockland Recovery Homes is closely associated with other organizations that have the qualification and experience to assist in ensuring the proper operation of the homes is in place.
II. Description of Business:
Rockland Recovery Homes is certified by New York State as a not-for-profit organization with 501(C)3 status. We will open recovery homes in Rockland County to provide a safe, relaxing, enjoyable place to live, for people working at recovery from a SUD. A place they will be proud to call their home, enjoy taking care of and being responsible for. The organization has a Code of Ethics and Standards of Operation.